Blog Creative Brief
Word press site
- To increase Rekoderlig’s current market share from 3% to 5% in the UK Cider market (Mintel 2016)
- To increase awareness and recall of the brand Rekorderlig within the millennial target market from 47% to 60% (Mintel 2016a)
- Increase traffic to Rekoderlig website
The target audience for Rekorderlig and this blog is millennials (18-24’s). Both men and women who want to ‘break to mould, set trends’ and love entertaining their friends and bringing something new to their friendship group. They enjoy the theatre of making cocktails and enjoy sweeter fruitier drinks (YouGov 2016; Schawbel 2016; Olenski 2016).
The millennial generation relies on modern media, with research showing that 33% of millennials seek out blogs and reviews before making a purchase. The use of ‘pull marketing’ is more effective, as millennials want to build relationships with brands, and feel special, not part of a mass audience (Carlos 2016). This transpires as 43% of millennials valuing the authenticity of user generated content rather than content, as they connect the best with people rather than logos (Schawbel 2016).
Position in Customer Journey
Awareness- this blog will be to raise awareness of the product Rekordelig cider to consumers who may have never come across the brand. Demonstrating the vibe of the brand through consistent branding and tone of voice all educating the consumer on the benefits gained from Rekorderlig cider.
Tone of Voice
- light hearted
- Discover something different this summer with Rekorderlig
- Blog post
- Analysis of market share prior to blog post (campaign) and at regular intervals whilst campaign is running, and finally tracking when the campaign ends.
- Survey’s online to millennials/ focus group market research pre and post campaign to measure millennial awareness and recall.
- Analysis of unique visitors and visitors to Rekorderlig website
Carlos,V. (2016) Want to reach millennials? Start blogging. Available at:https://www.prdaily.com/Main/Articles/a89dae19-ff2e-482a-b0b5-ba690cf2b03d.aspx (Accessed 23 February 2017).
Mintel (2016) ‘Cider- UK- January 2017’ Available at:http://academic.mintel.com/display/814043/ (Accessed 23 February 2017).
Mintel (2016a) ‘Cider-UK- January 2017’ Available at:http://academic.mintel.com/display/814049/ (Accessed 23 February 2017).
Olenski,S. (2016) ‘Creating Brands That Engage Millennials.’ Forbes. Available at:http://www.forbes.com/sites/steveolenski/2016/09/28/creating-brands-that-engage-millennials/#97d32cc593b0 (Accessed 23 February 2017).
Schawbel,D. (2016) ’10 New Findings About The Millennial Consumer’. Forbes. Available at:http://www.forbes.com/sites/danschawbel/2015/01/20/10-new-findings-about-the-millennial-consumer/#591d293928a8 (Accessed 23 February 2017).
YouGovPrfiles (2016) People who drink Rekoderlig. Available at:https://yougov.co.uk/profileslite#/Rekorderlig/lifestyle (Accessed 23 February 2017).